Admissions Office: (+86 10) 6470 6336
Admissions Office: (+86 10) 6470 6336
Now celebrating over 20 years of offering the highest standards of education, BWYA is proud to have been serving students since 2001. Today our school has over 1000 students from more than 20 countries.
Mission and Vision
Beijing World Youth Academy (BWYA) holds a non-discriminatory admissions policy for both the expatriate and local communities. We seek to offer equal educational opportunities for those who are qualified and competent to meet the demands of our programmes. A qualified candidate is one who is able to prove the ability to achieve success in the school’s international programmes in English or Chinese university preparatory programme.
If a student comes back from abroad, he/she needs to submit transcripts and a letter of recommendation. The headmistress will eventually decide if he/she can be accepted.
BWYA provides English instruction education regardless of the programme. At BWYA students learn an international curriculum in English; we are not an English conversation school. Parents are to note that transferring between Chinese and International school curricula means broad changes in instructional and learning styles, curricular delivery, assessment styles and engagement of students and parents. It may be the case that returning to Chinese educational institutions, after extended time in international schools, may result in a difference of knowledge and skills. With your child, please strongly consider the implications of these changes, as well as your child’s intended educational goals when you consider changing schools. Whenever transitioning between schools, parents are reminded to complete the government required registration procedures.
In accordance with Chinese government mandates, BWYA includes Chinese language, Chinese History, and Moral education utilizing government provided textbooks from grades 1 to 9. BWYA is proud of its commitment to mother tongue and bilingual learning offerings.
In order to help both students and parents become successful at BWYA, prior to the beginning of class, each new student and parent will be guided through the induction process for their grade. Both students and parents are expected to continue their understanding of BWYA procedures through school provided seminars and information released on our Managebac administrative service.
Students enrolling in BWYA will be placed in grades appropriate to their ages as of September 1st, and previous education experience. Based on aptitude tests and assessments, students in the secondary school are assigned ability-based levels for some courses. This leveling of students is modified according to success criteria at specific times during the year.
Students who wish to enroll at BWYA should contact email@example.com for more information. Waiting lists for enrollment are available for both admission testing and placement.
Apply at ibwya.openapply.cn (We recommend you use the latest version of the Firefox browser to fill out the application form).
- Please carefully select the applied school year and grade, if you have any questions please contact 64706336-8086/8056/8006;
- Admissions activities/assesment arrangement will be sent by email. Please check regularly;
- If you need to update your data, please contact 64706336-8086/8056/8006.
Please make the reservation via OpenApply after you receive the activity invitation.
- Please contact 64706336-8086/8056 if you have any problem on reservation;
- Currently we do not accept individual visits and appointments. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Please submit student’s【past two years’ academic report】before the assessment;
- Please submit student’s【recommendation letter】within 3 days after the assessment.
Assessment arrangement will be sent by email. Please reply the email in time and attend the assessment on the assigned date.
- The final result will be informed by email.
- The admitted students: please pay tuition fees within the required time, and submit the documents for registration.
Please prepare the documents as Chaoyang Education Commission requires, as will be outlined in the email.
New student orientation arrangement will be informed via email. Please check your email regularly.
Apply at ibwya.openapply.cn (We recommend you use the latest version of the Firefox browser to fill in the application form).
Parents who have successfully submitted online applications will be invited to visit the school at a designated time.
The admissions office will inform the applicants of the date and time of their assessment via email.
Students receiving an invitation to interview, are to submit the following documents in person:
- Photocopies of report cards from the past two years
- Teacher’s recommendation letter from the student’s current school
- One 2-inch photo
- Relevant award certificates
- The results of the assessment will be sent to the parents of applicant via email.
- The email will contain the date and time of the meeting with the admissions team.
(For registering information at the Chaoyang Education Commission)
After meeting the admissions team, you will be required to prepare certain documents, as will be outlined in an email.
Students who submit the documents as requested, will receive an acceptance letter.
- School fees must be paid by the date indicated on the invoice.
- Seats will not be reserved for applicants who fail to pay their fees in time.
The Admissions Office will notify the applicants of the date and time of the new student orientation via email. Please check your email regularly.
The school can only offer places to students with mild learning difficulties. Where possible, any difficulties that are known must be declared so that individual needs can be assessed and support can be determined and arranged.
If neither parent resides in Beijing, a legally appointed guardian must reside with the student in Beijing, and a guardianship contract in the Chinese language should be signed and notarized. The school can assist in obtaining a residence permit for those who require a student visa.