Beijing World Youth Academy offers professional, experienced teachers the opportunity to grow their careers within our dynamic and innovative learning environment.
BWYA teachers are comfortable interacting with staff, students and parents from a diverse range of cultural background and ethnicities. They have a great understanding of their subject, are excellent communicators with strong organisational skills and thrive on finding opportunities for personal growth in the problems they encounter. In short, our teachers have a genuine empathy towards our students and their co-workers and are outstanding role models for our community.
If you believe yourself to be a good match with our teacher profile we would like to hear from you.
We currently have the following vacancies
Primary School (International Programme Curriculum)
English Language Arts Teacher for Grades 3 to 5
Classroom Teachers for Kindergarten and Grade 1-5
Integrated Humanities / Geography
The above positions are full-time and effective from 10th August 2017. Application closes on 31st December 2016.
We also recruit for the following openings at our branch school in Kunming, Yunnan Province (IB experience is not required but preferred):
BWYA – Kunming
Integrated Science (immediate start)
- At least a bachelor’s degree, but preferably an advanced degree in your subject.
- At least two years work experience since graduation, preferably fulltime teaching experience in a well-established education system (IB, IGCSE, A-levels, etc.).
- An accredited teaching qualification e.g. PGCE, TESOL (minimum 120 hours of learning).
In addition to the above:
- Fluency and proficiency in English.
- A willingness to act as homeroom teacher and to contribute towards the athletic and co-curricular programmes.
- Good health.
- A clear police record.